Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday.. yikes.. sounds ominous



Well it was a very nice Thanksgiving Day... I got to talk to Amberleo and the rest of the family while they watched our 'California Ice Breakers' clip and the elfyourself cards. David and I went to Joy and Richards house. Turned out there was 6 of us. David, Me, Jerry, Joy, Richard, and Richard. We had planned on having 9 so there was plenty of leftovers to bring home.

Today though I worked... slaved away all day at the Post Office... that's ok, I had to work off the turkey, ham, potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and squash pie we devoured yesterday. It is a bit different here than back home.. when I get to work here I have to shovel snow off the steps/ramp and sidewalk across the front of the building and to the corner. I also have to toss out salt a few times a day. Don't want to have anyone take a header off the ramp into the street.



I sure hope everyone had a good day and good luck to you brave ones who are going shopping on Black Friday. Nothing sounds further from fun to me but some folks just love the deals and all the shopping people ravaging the stores. I however used to work in retail during the holidays... can we say nightmare? I don't like the swarming mad rush anyway to be honest.


Don't get me wrong I love to shop.. well, I actually window shop. I wander and wander looking at everything but I rarely buy anything more than a non-fat no whip triple shot grande mocha.....



Oooooh I shiver just saying that and that red cup just makes me so happy!

Anyway, if I come away from a day of shopping with a great coffee, maybe even a nice lunch, a little teeny bag of something... incense or candle, or a used book or some other such little trinket I am VERY happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin