Sunday, October 5, 2008

The hunt is on!

So I was messing around on the computer the other day when I hear the doorbell ring... the dogs tear off and I go up to find Ruben at the door. He said that about a mile down the road from me, at his daughter and son-in-law's place there was a moose spotted in the yard. I guess Jim (son-in-law) was in the yard and there is the moose just hanging around there in the yard.

Jim was speechless. He had never seen one in person before... well EVERYONE was so excited. Ruben and his wife Lonnie had their camera out and were going to run back and see if they could get another picture. I was pretty excited too! I decided that the dogs and I should go moose hunting since one was wondering around the neighborhood.

I donned my hunting gear and loaded the beast hunters into the Infinity... er .... hunting vehicle.

Here I am ready for the kill...


So I unleashed the hounds and off we went...



but as you may have heard the moose is known as an elusive, shy creature....

and for as big as they are... they sometimes are hard to see in their native habitat.

We looked high and low...


we wandered around to no avail...

We even got out of the vehicle
and the hounds put their noses to the ground but we had no luck.


So we decided to get in the boat...
maybe if we paddled around a little we would see one on shore.

I don't know.

Maybe it was us..

Maybe we should have kept our eyes open....

but when they joined the search David and Josh had no luck either.


Jerry did not even help much, and he himself is a native of this area... kinda....

But he is a wiley fellow, he may have known more than he was telling.



So the dogs and I continued to drive up and down the road
where the beast was last seen..

we even tried down by the marshy area of the lake...


past the infamous badger hole...


and even by Big Red...


but alas no moose(s).

However, if you really think about it....

and consider the size of say..

a yearling bull moose...

maybe I should just forget about finding an adult one up close and personal.



Of course.. I do have Cosmo the Magnificent to protect me...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin