Friday, August 29, 2008

Sublux patella

well well well. Darn it.

So... David's brother Terry was coming to visit today and we were going to go pick him up in Marquette and go to the hardware extravaganza store and get some more goodies for the house. I knew he was coming but the part about David and I going to Marquette was a bit of a surprise to me and I had not really finished cleaning the house and had not showered so that I looked presentable. Oh well. Not really such a big deal.

The real problem arose when my 90+ lbs puppy bounded past me
as I was walking out of our bedroom turning the corner.



She hit me just right and blammo.



There went my knee.
In technical terms I subluxed my patella...
or suffered a patellar subluxation whatever the proper way to say it is.

For those of you who have never had the pleasure... what that means is that your kneecap slips out of its groove, causing a bit of a knee/kneecap dislocation, and then continues on slipping around the side of your leg. An odd feeling really. Ya know how your knee normally bends back and forth? Well, it feels like it bends sideways. You can kinda feel the leg bones sliding around on each other when the kneecap comes loose. Ya know those tendon thingies on the back of your knee... well my kneecap this time tried to meet them up close and personal.

Now this is not the first time I have done this... the first time I did it the kneecap stayed out along side my leg and that ended in an ambulance ride. However, I have done this enough times that I can tell you.. it definitely was worse than the last time or two I did it.

I waited a little, made sure the kneecap was back in place, David propped me up and we went to Marquette where I got a little brace. I am using Davids.. er uh.. Jerry's crutches. We unfortunately are getting too much use out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin